Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dior Airflash Foundation Review

What they say: 
"Dior's Airflash is the first revolutionary spray foundation that brings airbrushed perfection to your daily makeup routine. The Dior laboratory has created an Airflash formula that is lighter and silkier than ever for a fabulously even, flawless and radiant finish. Paraben-free and infused with fresh natural oils that evaporate as soon as they land, it settles with no visible texture as a silky-smooth veil with long-wearing coverage. The result is instant: a super-smooth, velvety complexion that feels like a second skin, full of radiance and glow. State-of-the-art complexion perfection."-Dior


My opinion:

After being on the hunt for years
 for the best foundation out there, I came across this baby at Sephora.  I had seen a few reviews going into this purchase, but it was basically an impulse buy for me. I swear when I'm in Sephora it's like I'm on a drug, I seem to not understand reality, and think that dishing out $120 on products that I don't need is perfectly normal. And then having the ladies at Sephora tell me how wonderful I look and how great the products are doesn't help either.



The Diorskin Airflash Foundation is $62 for 2.3oz. I am in the shade 200. 






 This is my first experience with an aerosol foundation. It is an extremely lightweight foundation and feels lovely on the skin. The foundation definitely leaves the skin with a radiant finish, but a very natural skin like radiance, and it lasts me throughout the day with very minimal fading by the end of the night. 


The thing I don't like, is the coverage, and the amount I need to use to achieve my desired coverage. It will give you a flawless finish with one layer if you have great skin, but if you have redness or problematic skin, one layer will only even out the skin, not cover imperfections. Although, even after I build it up, it still looks natural and still looks like my skin. (I love coverage, but I hate looking like I'm wearing a mask.)
The consultant at Sephora told me though it may seem like your using a lot of foundation, your are using a significantly less amount than a normal, non aerosol foundation.
Still for the price, and the claims, I feel I shouldn't have to apply and layer so much of the foundation to achieve the finish I desire. 
I do not apply the foundation as it was meant to be applied, which is by spraying it on your face, this could be why I'm not getting the coverage. But after talking to the consultant and reading reviews, it seems it is best to apply with a brush, because otherwise too much product will be wasted and spraying it directly on your face can cause it to cake up. I use the Sephora Classic Mineral Brush #45.
It definitely leaves the skin with a radiant finish, but a very natural skin like radiance.

Even though there are cons to this product for me, I would still recommend this product if you are willing to dish out the money. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this product, I would like to see how long this bottle will last and determine if the money I pay is worth it. So far I've used it for a month or so and I can't really tell that I've used that much, then again I can't see through the bottle so I'm not exactly sure. 

I believe dry/normal/combo skin will be able to enjoy this foundation, I'm not sure how it would work for extremely oily skin, but setting it with some powder may make it work for any skin type. 

A downfall to this luxurious line is the shade variety, even though a few shades had recently been added to the line, there are only 10 shades. 

This is a very unique foundation with a weightless feel, and it does have the ability to help you achieve a flawless face. It is definitely worth giving it a try, if you get the chance.
*Once applied, the foundation will oxidize a shade or two darker, consider this when purchasing!


              Mariah } 


No comments:

Post a Comment