Friday, October 25, 2013

Review: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

     Recently, I have been on the hunt for a new face primer. I went to Sephora, grabbed every primer I had been interested in and asked for samples. After testing out all the samples, I ended up purchasing a bottle of the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (of course I chose the most expensive one out of the samples... ) 
Am I satisfied with my purchase? Continue reading for my full review! 

What they say:
"Flawless skin starts here. This luxuriously silky primer will conceal redness, minimize the appearance of pores, help soften the look of fine lines and wrinkles and repel water to ensure makeup appears fresh all day long." -Hourglass

My opinion:

     I look for primers that will fill in my larger pores in the center of my face and provide a smooth base for my foundation, which I have found primers that will do that for me. But the biggest thing I look for, and I have been unsuccessful in finding, is a primer that will not only pro-long my makeup wear, but keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day. 

The small size of this product retails at $18 for 0.33oz



At first application I was wary of a few things: 

The first being how it seemed to transform into an almost powder texture while smoothing it onto the skin. I suffer from drier skin, especially in the cooler seasons, so I wasn't expecting great things from what seemed like a mattifying formula. 

Secondly, I'm use to thicker silicone formulas (which always claim to fill in pores) , and the consistency of this product felt like nothing I was use to, it did not feel like it was smoothing out my pores. 

But.. Expect the Unexpected.

This primer is amazing. 

     The primer did not make my face feel dry throughout the day or accentuate any dry patches. And although the formula has a very thin consistency when applying, it does diminish the appearance of my larger pores and smooth out my skin making for a very lovely makeup application. * I do suggest using a moisturizer for those with dry skin prior to using this primer.

     This primer is the best that I have found when it comes to pro-longing my makeup wear. On multiple occasions I have worn this primer underneath my makeup for 12 hours, and have been stunned every time. 
After 12 hours of wear, there was VERY minimal signs of fading and my makeup still looked in great condition. 

The claims of reducing redness I found to be true. Although on there website it says that this formula will conceal even rosacea, it is nothing dramatic. But the redness on/around my nose and cheeks is less apparent after applying this primer. 
And for the claims of it being waterproof... I cannot say. Although I'm assuming it doesn't make all of your makeup waterproof, just if you wore the primer alone it may be waterproof.. which I don't really see the point in. 

I do however regret one thing.. I regret purchasing the small size that Sephora has available. I have been using it for about two weeks now (only about a pump each use) and I am basically out of it. I believe it is a rip off compared to the amount of product you receive and the price you pay. I should have just sucked it up and paid the heft $52 for the full size. 

     I believe a multitude of skin types will be able to enjoy this product. The formula seems to have properties that will keep oily skinned folks shine at bay, and the formula kept my dry skin looking flawless underneath my makeup.  I cannot speak for extremely dry or oily skin, however.

Another great thing is that this product is formulated without: oil, parabens, phthalates, gluten, sulfates, fragrance.

This is a beautiful formula with a hefty price tag, but I believe it is worth it (If you get the FULL size).


 Mariah }

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment