Thursday, August 22, 2013

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation Review

I have been wanting to get my hands on Illamasqua for over a year now, but it is harder to find the brand than I thought. If I am correct, I believe this company originates from the UK and is slowly coming into the US. I have only been able to find the brand at one Sephora that is 3 hours away from me, and I only picked up one product from the brand while I was there (regretting that now).. And after trying it, I can't wait to try more of this companies products. 



What they say:    
"Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage." -Illamasqua

Skin Base Foundation in 04
This Images is from Illamasqua's website
This product retails at $42 for 1oz. 


My opinion: 

Unfortunately, I will not have any swatches of this foundation or photos of my own in this post because I had to return this foundation... But Don't get me wrong, I  LOVE this foundation!

The color was just too light for me, even too light for me in the winter, and the Sephora I went to, to do the exchange didn't carry the Illamasqua. I was very upset. And the closest one that carries it is quite a trip away, and I haven't ordered it off line because I want to make sure it is the right color.
The most surprising thing is, is that I picked up the color in shade 4.0 (the fourth shade in the line)... I'm usually the first or second lightest shade in foundations! 
Illamasqua offers a range of 26 shades, blowing away the majority of other brands shade ranges. The 26 shades offer a variety of pink, yellow, and neutral undertones. This line of foundation will suite a multitude of skin tones.
Now onto the actual product..
This foundation is incredible. This is lightest liquid foundation I have ever tried that actually has coverage! I enjoy medium to full coverage foundations, but without the mask like appearance.. Sadly many foundation that have coverage mask your face, look unnatural and cake up. This Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation does the exact opposite.  One layer all over my face (applied with my Sephora #45 brush) offers a good amount of coverage, evening everything out and covering minor problem areas. I add a second layer on my cheeks and other areas where I have pesky redness and the finish is flawless.. and completely weightless! 
The few times I did wear this, It lasted me throughout my 8 hour work day and beyond. (The wear time was not tested with the foundation on its own, I had to set it with a darker powder because of how light the shade was.) 
This Foundation can be built up without looking cakey and it will still leave behind a skin-like appearance to the face. I believe this is the most weightless/natural looking  medium-full coverage foundation I have tried.

I plan on purchasing this again in the correct shade, I just wish every Sephora would carry this brand!

I also hope to try and review many more products from Illamasqua, next time I see the brand around.

Any products you would recommend me to try? Any Products you would like to see a review on? 

Let me know in the comments below. 


Mariah } 




No comments:

Post a Comment