Saturday, August 24, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation Review and Swatches

What they say: 
"Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you...Revlon’s breakthrough nearly naked makeup balances skin and makeup so they work in perfect harmony. With buildable coverage and seamless blending, you are sure to cover flaws and perfect your skin’s tone and texture. No heavy cakey or greasy mess." -Revlon

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation retails between $7-10 in drugstores for 1 oz. 



My opinion:


This foundation fits the name perfectly. Nearly Naked; not bare skin, but skin with a little extra 'umph'.


Probably one of the best drugstore foundations, next to the Revlon Whipped, that I have come across.. And honestly I've tried 99% of drugstore foundations. 

This foundation lives up to its claims. It blends in like a dream and leaves behind the look of "my skin but better." Who doesn't want that?  Even I'm surprised I love this foundation as much as I do, Since I typically look for medium-full coverage foundations.  I don't know how or why, But this foundation makes my skin look amazing even with its lighter coverage.

One layer of this foundation and I am satisfied, I feel that my skin has been evened out and my redness on my cheeks is reduced. If I am going out, I add a second layer and my skin still feels like I'm wearing nothing but my face looks flawless.

Exactly as Revlon said, this foundation will not cake up even after layering the product and leaves behind a smooth natural finish (no greasy mess).

I'm not sure how this would hold up on extremely oily skin, but I feel that a variety of skin types would be able to enjoy this foundation. It doesn't leave behind a dewy or a matte finish, just an all over natural appearance. Also, multiple skin tones will be able to enjoy this foundation. Revlon launched with a good range of 16 shades catering towards fair to deep skin tones and everything in between. They also did a great job offering a variety of undertones.


I am currently in the shade Shell (swatched below), and wear the shade Vanilla in the winter months. 

This is a beautiful lightweight foundation, and the best one offered in the drugstore so far. 


Mariah }







No comments:

Post a Comment