Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mary Lou-manizer by theBalm Review and Swatches



What they say: 
"Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow. " -TheBalm


My opinion: 



The Mary-Lou Manizer retails at $24 for 8.5 grams


Labeled as a Highlighter, eyeshadow, and shimmer, this buttery powder illuminator is extremely pigmented and stunning on the skin, or eyes! And also, who could resist the packaging? 

I've owned this product for about 6 months now, and if you can tell by the pan, it has gotten a lot of lovin'. This product is basically a staple in my everyday routine. I most often wear this on the inner corner of my eye for a brighter/wider eye appearance. And honestly this is the best shade I have found for my inner corner, I can wear it alone with some mascara and eyeliner or with a very dramatic eye look, and its not too much to where it is overwhelming, it just adds a little something!

I don't use this every single day as a highlight, but when I want a flawless look or just want to amp up my makeup a bit more, this sits beautifully on the tops of my cheekbones...I'm not so positive that it adds a younger appearance, but it does liven up the skin and, as claimed, adds a beautiful glow to the skin.
Now, It is not the most subtle highlighter there is, it definitely adds some shimmer, but it doesn't have the chunky glitter that the average highlighter would. This is an outstanding  product and the best highlighter (and inner corner color) I have come across so far. 

It is a bit pricey, but I believe this amount of product will last ages. Therefor the longevity and amount of use I get out of this lovely product seems to balance with the price. 


 The only place I have been able to find the Balm cosmetics is online, but I have heard that it can sometimes be found at TJ Maxx.


Mariah } 




No comments:

Post a Comment