Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lorac Pro Palette review and swatches


What they say:   
"Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 Shimmer and 8 Matte Eye Shadows in all the shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. LORAC’S velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO." -Lorac







My opinion: 

The Lorac Pro is a slim matte black palette, with a good sized mirror. The only thing that I hate about this packaging is the fact that it has the same type of material that NARS does, the material that collects every bit of makeup on your fingerprints (these pictures were taken after I tried cleaning up the palette, and there were still some smudge marks I couldn't get off.) Other than that, I love how compact this packing is; it's great for on the go, or just sitting pretty on the vanity!


The palette contains a total of 16 shade; 8 matte on the top row, and 8 shimmer on the bottom row.
If you want natural every day look, a bronzey eye, or a smoked out nighttime look, this palette holds the shades that will allow you to create just about any look you desire. 

The matte shades: Typically matte eyeshadows, even higher end brands, tend not to have as great pigmentation as a shimmery eye shadow would.  But these are silky smooth to the touch and come off with a good amount of pigmentation. The product can be a bit powdery (and slightly chalky with a few shades) but nothing too bad. Even though the pigmentation when swatched and first applied is great, once blended you can lose a good amount of color pay off. Which doesn't really matter to me, because it allows me to build up to my desired amount with not putting to much color on at once, but some may find this a disappointment. Textures of some of the mattes can vary in pigmentation and texture some more pigmented and smoother than others; The black is not as pigmented as some, but does make for a easy shade in the outer corner to deepen up a look, but without adding too much drama. 
Besides a few downfalls, These are still one of the best matte formulas I have come across.


Left to Right; Black, Espresso, Sable, Mauve, Lt. Pink, Taupe, Cream, White
The Shimmer Shades: Comparable to Urban Decays eye shadows, the shimmer shades are soft/buttery to the touch and have great color payoff. Only when swatched did I notice that the shimmery shades are a bit 'crumbly', meaning that it comes off can be a bit chunky and patchy, if that makes any sense...
But when actually applying them with a brush I don't notice it on my eyes, so not exactly a big issue.  
The shimmer shades have great color payoff, and all round the shades have the same color payoff/texture. Would I choose them over Urban Decays shades? I haven't yet determined this, I love Urban decays eye shadows and they nail their shimmery formulas perfectly.. but Lorac may have done the same.


Left to Right; Slate, Deep Purple, Garnet, Pewter, Lt. Bronze, Gold, Champagne, Nude

Unique Colors/Colors I love: 

Cream (matte)- Great payoff and I love this for my everyday all over lid shade. 
Sable (matte)- Beautiful brown with a red undertone, I use this in my crease with cream on my lid
Gold (shimmer)- Amazing true gold shade, I prefer this gold over UD's Half Baked 
Pewter (shimmer)- A unique taupey/bronzey shade (My apologies, I'm awful at describing colors) that I love putting on my lower lash line
Mauve (matte)- Love this for my crease, beautiful plane mauve shade with awesome pigmentation. 
Slate (shimmer)- Though I don't use this on an everyday basis, this is a beautiful emarld with a mix of a gunmetal shade. I use this shade to smoke out a look, or when I have a natural eye I use this on my lower lash line for some color!

Slight Con Shades:

Not a specific shade, but I always use an inner corner highlight, and for me neither Nude or Champagne look good on my inner corner (I'm probably just picky). They are great shades for all over the lid.

Deep Purple (shimmer)- Although I do use this on my lash line occasionally, and I do genuinely like the color, I just wish it was pulled more purple. (it's slightly more purple than in swatches, but still extremely dark)
Black (matte)- As stated above, not as pigmented as I'd like, but can be used to deepen up an eye look.


Have the Lorac and Naked Palette(s)? Whats your favorite? 


Mariah } 



No comments:

Post a Comment