Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm Review

What they say:  
"The must have care for damaged lips... All its nourishing power comes from the rare and precious Damask Rose essential oil extract together with an anti-aging complex and Shea butter. Lips are instantly smoothed, moisturized, beautifully plumped and soft. Totally addictive!" -Dior




I am not usually into lipsticks/lip color, but boy do I love me some lip balm! I buy excessive amounts of anything that claims to hydrate/smooth my lips. So, once I came across this luxurious Dior lip balm that sounded perfect, I did't even think when I handed over the near $30 for this product, (which is probably something I should work on...) 


Anyways, onto the review! 





My opinion:   


This product retails at $27 for 0.25 oz

     The first night I put this on my lips, I hated it. I hated it for one reason.. The scent. I am somewhat sensitive to fragrances, especially floral. Don't get me wrong, this is in no way a bad scent  -I usually hate floral fragrances not just because they bother my nose-  but I don't really mind this scent (just my nose does), and it doesn't smell extremely old lady like, which most floral scents remind me of... Am I the only one?
I sucked it up and dealt with it the first night, and I'm glad I did. My lips were very smooth/soft and left feeling extremely hydrated, even throughout the day. 
The fragrance is very potent at first use, but seems to subside after a few uses.



A slight downfall to me, is the packaging. It comes in a cheaper feeling plastic white tub..  I usually wouldn't care, but come on it's a Christian Dior product! But for the product inside, I have come to accept the packaging. 

My lips have been oddly dry for the past 6 months, and no lip products have been able to moisturize them enough, until this beauty came along. I have been lathering this luxury on my lips every night and have not experienced any dryness since I began use! 
I can't say I have noticed much plumping; but I have noticed the finer lines on my lips being smoothed out, which might be due to the plumping factor.. And even though this does claim to be plumping, no worries there is no tingling involved.



This balm comes in one shade and offers little to no color payoff


I'm not sure if I would recommend this for use during the day, just because it is such a rich/thick formula that can be a bit heavy. However, I do suggest loading this on right before bed, and you won't be disappointed in the morning! 

It has a hefty price tag, but the smoothness that is left behind and the fact that this will most likely last me ages, makes it worth it for me. 

Still wary of the price tag? Go to Sephora, ask for a sample.. and fall in love!  



Mariah }


1 comment:

  1. I just bought this balm today and I love how moisturizing it is.

    ReplyDelete