Monday, September 9, 2013

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Review & Swatches


What they say:  
"A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage" -Mac


     I have never been one to like powders, because of the dry/cake/powdery complexion I'm left with, but if I don't use one my make up doesn't stay put! I also don't enjoy a super matte finish, which most powders have. 
Is this powder just like all the others?




 My opinion:


     To jump right into this: Hands down, this is the best powder I have found. This will forever be my holy grail powder (unless, of course, something better comes along). 
This powder shouldn't even be called a powder, it should probably just be called a miracle:
"Mac Mineralize Miracle" -Quote me on it, this will happen.. 

This product retails at $30 for 10g/0.35oz



Whether I pack this on with my kabuki brush or lightly dust it over my face with a fluffy powder brush, this miraculous product leaves behind no powdery finish. Also, unlike 99% of powders out there, I'm not left with a flat-extremely-matte-my-face-looks-fake look! There is dimension and the finish is truly a beautiful natural-matte.
This powder sets my makeup in place and doesn't budge throughout the day. It offers minimal coverage but never fails to make my face even more perfected over my foundation. Set it with my Fix+ and it is the closest finish to natural skin that I have received with make up on.




I have normal/combo skin that experiences minimal oil in my T-zone and dryness in random areas and I never experience this clinging to dry patches or any shininess. But I can not speak for extremely dry or oily skin, but it is most definitely worth a try! 


                                                 Mac MSF Natural in Medium Plus


The one and only downfall to this product is the shade range. I believe there are only 8 shades in the line and I am in medium plus when I have a tan.. Which I find odd because I have a light complexion, but I guess that means the line will reach out to very fair skin tones.. not sure how many medium to deeper skin tones this will reach out to though. 



If you are like me and hate the powdery/cakey/flat finish of the usual powders or have never been truly satisfied with a powder, you NEED to try this. 
This powder lives up to all of its claims and is no where comparable to any other powder I have come across. 

Mariah }


No comments:

Post a Comment