Thursday, September 5, 2013

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara Review

What they say: 
• Immediate Extreme Volume   • Buildable Formula Without Clumping    • Long-Lasting Power"     -Jordana


As mentioned in my YSL review; my lashes have some length but do lack volume. So, I gravitate towards mascaras that offer volume. I had heard great things about this mascara prior to the purchase, and since the name sounded exactly like what I was looking for, when I finally came across it at Walgreens I snatched it right up!  
Does it actually live up to all of the hype?




My opinion:  


This product retails at $2.99 for 0.3oz

     I don't really have a preference on mascara formulas (wet or dry), if it works, then I'm happy. The formula of this product is extremely wet compared to most mascaras that I have tried, so it does take a few moments to dry completely. After dry down the mascara can feel a bit stiff, but compared to other mascaras it's not too bad. *I have had this mascara for about 2 months and I have not noticed that the formula has dried out.

My lashes offer a natural curl, and I usually do not use an eyelash curler because mascaras will hold my curl. With this mascara, I notice that my lashes aren't as curled, they aren't sticking out straight, but just less of a curl than usual; therefor I would recommend curling lashes prior to using this product. 



To start off with the wand- It has a straight brush head with standard bristles, (not sure if I call them "hair" bristles.. They're not plastic!). One issue I have with the packaging is when I take the wand out of the tube, there is so much extra product that I have to wipe off on the edge of the tube, and sometimes I'll still get way to much product applied to my lashes. I wish the tube would have a smaller mouth to take of the excess mascara.. but this also is a problem that may only irritate me because of pure laziness! 

This mascara, as claimed, does offer immediate drama; with just one coat my lashes have been lengthened and coated with a magnificent jet black pigment.-This mascara offers one of the best, if not the best, pigmentation in a drugstore mascara- The element that is missing is volume. I do see some thickening of my lashes, but not much for what I'd expect from a "Extreme Volumizing" mascara. 


Nothing on lashes
After one coat of Jordana Mascara 


If I try to go back in to fix a few places during the first coat, or add a second coat, this is where I tend to run into problems. If I go back in before my first coat has dried to try and "arrange" my lashes or anything, it starts to clump up and not do what I am trying to accomplish. When I go to add a second coat my lashes then start to look spidery, and seperate into weird angles. 
I have worked around this issue, and have come to the conclusion that since I am happy with one coat of this mascara, to just make sure to make one good swipe onto my lashes and call it good!

Although it seems like I listed more problems than good, this is a $2.99 mascara and worth every penny. It may have some packaging defects, or just some problems relating to my own laziness, but it does a good job and I am satisfied with my lashes. This is also truly one of the better mascaras I have tried from the drugstore and would recommend it for anyone to try out.. and for the price, why not?




             Mariah }
P.s.
                               Check out my holy grail mascara (atleast for the moment) here: http://beautyandtheflaws.blogspot.com/2013/08/yves-saint-laurent-babydoll-mascara.html

     

No comments:

Post a Comment