Friday, September 20, 2013

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Review


What they say:   
"Bye Bye Redness camouflages redness and any red-toned skin discolorations[...] Gives perfect coverage that will never crease or crack and is designed to not only cover, but to make skin appear supple and flawless! [...] This neutralizing correcting cream also has soothing benefits and gives skin a more youthful radiance while completely concealing imperfections. This creamy formula blends easily and lasts all day. " -it Cosmetics



My opinion: 


I loved this product the moment I applied it. But wait about ten minutes, and that leads to the reason why I returned it..

This Product retails at $32

I thought I had come across a miracle when I first applied this product. It blended seamlessly and in one layer the redness -on my cheeks, nose/around my nose, chin- was basically covered. Some areas had redness still visible, but barely. My face was completely evened and perfected. The finish was a beautiful satin matte-still skin like- finish. 

I do not have severe redness, so I feel those who do suffer from more than minor redness may need to layer the product to get the desired coverage. Just for the sake of the review, even though I was very happy with one layer, I did add a second layer to certain areas and it built up beautifully. 

Onto the Bad... 

When first applied the cream felt so lightweight on my face, but after about 5 minutes it started to feel a bit heavy on my face, but I figured this was because I have been using my weightless Sephora airbrush foundation. (review here)
But then about 10 minutes later, my face felt stiff/tight, Just the way it would if I were to have a clay mask on. I felt that if I smiled or made any facial expressions.. my face would crack. 
I tried the Bye Bye Redness multiple times, Using different primers, no primers, extra moisturizer, anything to get that miracle back.. I just couldn't get over the way it made my face feel. Though I loved the results, I don't want to wear a foundation that makes me feel like I can't even smile... !

Another huge con to this product, is that it is only offered in one shade, Which is a medium beige color. It matched me OK with my tan, but would not work for my NC/NW 20 winter skin.

I'm not sure if I got a bad batch, because I have read amazing reviews on this product and no one seemed to be complaining about this issue..
Although I returned it and couldn't stand the feeling left behind on my face, I would recommend still trying this product out in stores (now at Ulta) if you suffer from redness to see if it will work for you. Because even with the problems I suffered, it may just be my skin or a bad batch; so it is worth a try because I did see greatness in this product.. for a few minutes..

Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?


Mariah } 


No comments:

Post a Comment